Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ni Hao Typhoon

So we're about to get demolished...
not really, but its really windy and we're supposed to get rain for the next few days. We were planning on going to the Buddhist temple near campus today, but it might have to wait.

Our lecture went really well this morning. Our professor was an older man that studied at Cornell and also was sent to the countryside during the cultural revolution. Very interesting to hear him talk-some guys and I are planning on eating lunch with him sometime to talk some more.

There's a restaurant on the second floor of our dorm AND THEY DELIVER, so right now we're waiting on our lunch.

For all those concerned, we're not drinking any milk and/or baby formula.

The history presentation I am going to give in a few weeks is about "When China Ruled the Seas." It follows the story of the explorere, Zheng He, and discusses his travels to Africa 80 years before De Gama. So that should be interesting.

Lunch is here. Hope you are doing well. I got some Skype money, so if you message me your phone number, I would like to call you.

-Park

3 comments:

KaitHudson said...

Careful in the storm! E-mail me your presentation when you finish it - I would really like to read it!

Unknown said...

Park,
The lecture and lunch time with your professor sounds fascinating and so does your upcoming presentation. Like Kaitlyn, I'd like a copy!

I'm glad your avoiding the baby formula!

Dad

lynn said...

bu hao typhoon
i dislike the typhoon

zheng he now you may know much him
good night
it is late
i must go to my bed
hehe hope you smile every day